Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Prospect 1. New Orleans

I'm finally home- and finally able to see some of the works exhibited in Prospect 1. scattered throughout New Orleans. What I've see so far looked pretty good.

Here's a picture of the Arc in the 9th ward:


I was also thrilled to come across Deborah Luster, a photographer who I did a workshop with at NOCCA. At the time she had just finished her "One Big Self" project photographing Louisiana inmates. It was probably one of the most moving bodies of work I have ever seen and I still reference it today. Her new body of work was a series of locations in New Orleans where murder has taken place. Unfortunately I cant find any pictures of her new work on the web- but I'm sure she'll be showing across the country after PS 1. ends.
Below are a portrait from the "One Big Self" project as well as another New Orleans portrait project:

No comments: