Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Banksy in NOLA

On my last New Orleans visit I was able to check out some of the few remaining works by controversial street artist Banksy. Over all I don't think New Orleans natives really grasped the whole Banksy thing- how many people follow his work and what an impact it makes on the world. Personally I felt it was an honor for him to give us these works- that would been seen by millions, and helped spread word of our situation. Clearly others felt differently:

The original work on an abandoned building (coincidentally a building where my mother once worked):


and what it looks like now:

I dont really get why an Obama supporter would cover this..

1 comment:

Click for website said...

Thats because Obama rerpresents a new change. What's represented in this image is a reflection on the old government